Re: mig welders

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mig welders
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:59:07 -0400
I've spent a bit of time using a Millermatic 135 and liked it a lot.
They were selling it in a package at my local welding store.  I don't
remember how much it was, but I remember thinking it was a good deal.
If portability is really important to you, then the Millermatic
Passport is pretty friggin' cool.  But it's also tons of money.
Capacity for the size is great though.  The DVI is a neat feature.  I
asked about it locally and they said they didn't sell many of them.
They're too expensive for most people to consider unless they really
need to walk around making a series of small welds in different
locations.

~Paul