Re: Harbor Freight Bandsaw

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov>
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight Bandsaw
From: "Chadwick E. Labno" <clab@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:47:24 +0100
I got a lot of use from the blade supplied with the saw and
have been using HF blades since. I pick the highest tooth
per inch count and have cut a variety of materials, mild
steel (square and round tubing, sheets), water pipe, re-bar,
chrome-molly, aluminum, polycarbonate, and, of course, wood
with success. Adjusting the blade perpendicular to the work piece
is a bit tricky but can be done. I've broken a number of blades,
mostly when using it in vertical mode and jamming the blade
with the work piece. This is also when the blade will jump
off the wheels. I've had the machine at least 5 years and very pleased.
In that time I may have gone through 2 or 3 blades building a race car
complete with roll cage. lotta of cutting!
Chad