Re: Painting a house in a hurry

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting a house in a hurry
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:34:40 -0400
When i was painting my new house and outbuildings, I had an airless paint
sprayer.

The trick I did was to paint over everything.  Windows, downspouts, doors,
etc.

Then I went back and painted the trim.  Then I used a knife to remove the
paint from the windows.

Note, modern latex paint with come off VERY easy *if* you paint a complete
coat over the window (don't stop at the side and leave just overspray on
the window.)  Paint the window completely.  Then you just go back with a
knife and cut the edge and peal it off.  Very easy and it leaves you with a
very good coat of paint over every nook and crany of the house.

Here are a few "before and after shots."

http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/85348a64cd39fcc485256dbe00392e3b?OpenDocument

(make sure the link is on one line)

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.