RE: Lots of info about Li-Ion batteries

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lots of info about Li-Ion batteries
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:25:10 -0700
> Since there have been several discussions here about various types of
> rechargeable batteries, I thought maybe somebody out there might
> enjoy this
> article as much as I did.  Not exactly good news, but informative...
>
> http://www.primecell.com/qli-Ion.htm

Wow, are those guys pessimists or what !

They left out another caution though ... never short Li-ion cells or packs.
They can explode !  One of my previous employers learned that the hard way
... although there was a fuse in the battery circuit it was remote from the
cell pack.  The cell pack leads could get caught in the case during
less-than-careful assembly ... we got several units back from the field full
of poisonous green goop !  Too expensive to scrap ... I felt sorry for the
guy who had to clean them up.

Randall