Re: '95 Jeep "EGR"

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: '95 Jeep "EGR"
From: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 06:36:30 -0600
Some things to think about:
Nitrogen oxidizes at very high temperatures, so there may be "hot spots" in
the combustion chamber (carbon build-up?), or the old cat-con was
overheating.  (The EGR valve is a good guess, since the purpose of EGR is to
control temperatures in the combustion chamber.)

Try a different fuel.  Some fuels contain more nitrogen.  There's already
plenty in the air, but more nitrogen in the fuel will mean more nitrogen in
the combustion chamber, and more NOx in the exhaust.

As for why you can't see the EGR valve, it may be incorporated into the
exhaust and intake manifolds in such a away as one or both has to be removed
to see it.

Chris K.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:02:18 -0700, Bob Spidell wrote