Re: Direct burial cable

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Direct burial cable
From: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:37:15 -0700
Tim,
I understand the master gfci concept, I used exactly that in my shop.
However, it has been recommended to me to put gfci outlets at all points
in an outdoor/wet situation. I don't know what code says about this, but
I only had to buy one 20amp gfci outlet for this project as I had some
left over from the shop build.

I probably didn't explain the situation good enough. The run does indeed
go "out" to a receptacle then branches out. One of those branches needs
to come back towards the house in the same ditch for a short distance
then makes a turn into another trench which leads to the next outlet.
Rather than put yet another trench in I can use just a little more
cable, but have to tear up less yard with more trenches.

Wayne