I am a liar, was: Re: really final networking question

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: I am a liar, was: Re: really final networking question
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:58:31 +0000
thanks for all the replies.  that simplifies my life considerably.  and uh, I
forgot about asking this before.

I saw people here talking about them, so wrt tivos:  can I run them through the
same switch/router arrangement as the computers and they'll talk to each other
and the xp media center-equipped p.c., or do they need their own network?

I suspect it must be the former because the p.c. has only one rj45 input, but
I'm, um, ignorant.

and if anyone has done this exact thing, please feel free to educate me.  my
son has already recorded three hours of lilo and stitch and jimmy neutron on
the thing.  now I'm apparently to burn it to dvd.

thanks y'all.

scott
and I'd really love to have one of those netdrives setup on the network for
pictures, tv shows, etc., if you want to email me off list about that.  that'd
be really great.