Re: 49cc scooter revisited.

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 49cc scooter revisited.
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
""Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com> wrote:

Howdy,

Ok, so I had a chance to play with the 49cc scooter a bit. I was hoping
someone here could point me in the right direction on a few things...

First, there's a sealed battery in this thing... According to the case,
its Yueyang Battery Co. 12v, 9Ah, "6-DW-9".""

Batteries are batteries...  take it to a NAPA or search on-line.  The important
issues are dimensions (will it fit?) and  AH.  If you buy a battery dry, not
uncommon for these applications, you will have to add acid and charge w/a v.
low amp charger (I use a 500ma).

""On to the carb... This carb has a barrel shaped "slide" that as you turn
it opens up a hole, as well as raising itself on a cam, which presumably
raises the needed. Under all that is a block that sorta kinda looks like
a float bowl, but perhaps is the fuel pump folks were mentioning before.
Underneath _that_ is a prime bulb.

There's an idle speed screw that hits the throttle bracket dealy, then
another screw on the top of "slide", then another screw on the bottom of
the carb. Anyone have any idea what the last two screws do?""

2 stroke or 4 stroke? Do you have a way to show us what this thing looks like?

""Finally... Spark plugs. There's an NHSP LD L6 plug in this thing. A
search online shows it as a popular plug in pocket bikes, but mostly want
I want to know is if there's an equivilent plug that a hardware store will
carry...""

Is the plug bad (eroded or otherwise physically damaged)?  I would guess that
you have more life to your plug.

Charlie   73 Honda CT70 Trail/03 Honda Metro 50cc