RE: Patching an oil pan

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Patching an oil pan
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:45:59 -0400
How bad is the hole?  If just a pin hole, like from a rock, I have had
success by using a large short sheet metal screw, like a # 10 or #12 and
putting a small O ring under it and screwing it in tight.

However, my son had an oil pan with a number of holes in it and it was
necessary to completely replace it.