Re: rim rusted on utility trailer

To: Rich White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: rim rusted on utility trailer
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:46:29 -0500
On 7/30/05, Rich White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com> wrote:

> List,
>
> I have been trying to remove the wheels from my two wheeled utility trailer.
> The only one I have tried is rusted on.
>
> It is a home made trailer which I understand was built using the front hubs
> from a '57 chevy
> station wagon.  I have tried heat and WD-40 without success.  I have also
> tried moving it
> a short distance with the lug nuts loose.

My procedure is lift vehicle, support on stands.  Remove lug nuts.
Beat tire with BFH.  It helps to hit both sides of the tire, and to
rotate the tire occasionally.  If you can put it on a lift, it's a lot
easier, as you can get a much better swing with the hammer standing
up.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com