Re: bee swarm

To: "bob dyar" <bobdyar@cox.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bee swarm
From: "Mark Sansouci" <msansouc@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:07:15 -0400
I had a gutter company pull off the job when a swarm of honey bees arrived.
They did not see the swarm arrive and thought that they had disturbed a nest
of "killer bees" in the rafters of my victorian.   The swarm had moved into
a space in the roof of my house and began filling the space between the
rafters with honey.  (The whole story is actually pretty funny)

Anyway, we were quoted about the same ($600) for killing them.  I didn't
want to do that - my wife found a bee keeper who would remove the swarm for
less - I think $300.  Plus he left us a jar of honey.  Besides being
cheaper, the process was interesting, we learned a lot about bees, and felt
good about myself.

Took some talking to get the gutter guys back though....