Re: Oil on brake linings

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil on brake linings
From: Jim Marton Jr <jmarton@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:45:00 -0400
You can try soaking the linings with brake clean then heating them with a
propane torch to dry them out... make sure your brake clean is NOT
flamable!!!!  You may need to do this more than once.  I prefer not to fool
with the brakes so I'd just replace the linings.... much cheaper then
damage to the vehicle or worse ... injuring someone.

Jim.

Is there a reliable way to remove oil from brake shoe linings or do I have
to replace them?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

graycol.gif]