Re: Eclipse radio/power antenna fix?

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: Eclipse radio/power antenna fix?
From: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:43:54 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Eric Murray wrote:

> I recently bought a '91 Eclipse Turbo. (stock and unmolested by idiots!)
> The radio or power antenna seems to have a problem- when I turn
> the radio on, the antenna starts to extend.  Sometimes when it
> is fully extended, the radio will play a loud tone instead of
> whatever was on the radio station.  The tone is different at
> different radio frequency settings.  It's always loud and annoying
> and completely washes out the music (ok, I once mistook it for
> some experimental industrial music on KFJC, but eventually
> realized that even they wouldn't play something that annoying).
<snip>

        Eric,  I don't know much about the power antenna in a Turbo Eclipse, but
I had the same loud noises from my Laser (non-turbo).   The radio would do
some really weird things and make all kinds of strange noises.  And the
antenna was a fixed mast.

        I replaced it with a aftermarket CD player and it was fine after that.

        Tim

Tim Hoerning  /  hoerni@cooper.edu
'91 Honda VFR 750, '84 Honda VT500 Ascot, '73 Honda CB350G Super Sport
'87 Chevy El Camino,  '90 Plymouth Laser