Under-cabinet lighting

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Under-cabinet lighting
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:08:31 -0500
After 5 years, our kitchen project is near completion.  Sure, the house is a
mess and we have piles of brand new cabinets all over, but...

My tentative plan is to use puck-style low-voltage lighting under the cabinets
with Xenon bulbs and electronic dimmers.  We had the cabinets made with flush
bottoms and removable bottom shelves to make it easy to hide the wiring.

I have no idea how to lay out the lighting - that is, how many lights of what
wattage to use where.  Anyone know of a good design guide online?

Any advice, what to watch out for, what to use and not to use, etc.?

Thanks!
Karl