Thank You Notes!

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank You Notes!
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:03:46 -0400
Hey Listers,

A few weeks ago I asked about chain saw recommendations, and I just wanted
to follow-up with another thanks to everyone that lent opinions and advice.
In the end, when the tree service came to take down the other tree (an
80-100footer that was mine, but hung over into my neighbors yard - they
hated it), they gave me the advice just to trim the tree over hanging my
driveway in order to try and save some of the severely damaged branches.
Otherwise the tree was healthy.  For $75 they do a pretty comprehensive trim
job and sprayed some chemicals into the main split branch and also sealed up
some other cuts with a sealant.  Still was $2000+ for the HUGE tree that had
to come down.

Also, about two years ago I asked about the Mantis tillers.  There was a lot
of positive feedback and all I would like to add now, after two years of
owning one, it is one of the best purchases I have made for outdoor power
equipment.  The Mantis is more relaible and durable than my Honda mower.  I
have used the Mantis from everything from light garden tilling duty to doing
the rought work for digging 2ft" deep trenches for some retaining walls.  I
like the small package design and light weight, and the two stroke motor
really helps this thing cut into hard and rocky soils.  So for anyone else
considering a Mantis tiller, I really doubt you would be unhappy with the
decision to buy one!

As for tools to avoid?  Ryobi reciprocating saws do not seem to last a long
time under my ownership.  I seem to be able to get about 18 months of use
out of them, before the blade clamping mechanism fails in some way.  This
most recent failure involved a piece of the casting, that houses the release
button for the blade, breaking clean off in my hand as I went to change
blades.  I guess the replacement reciprocating saw will have to be a more
contractor oriented brand.

Cheers!

Kai

--