Re: book favor

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: book favor
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:36:10 -0700
At 01:35 AM 4/4/2005, Mike Rambour wrote:

>  anyone have the book "Racer's Guide to Fabricating Shop Equipment" ?

  Thank You ! I now have a copy of what I need.

  I am getting close on my 34 Singer to putting the body on and since it is
made of Aluminium I purchased last week a TIG welder (I tried with my MIG
but no go).  Since I need a sheet metal brake for some parts of the car
that I am doing, I figured I might as well TIG myself up a brake as
practice.  And yes, I know welding Alu is very different from steel but
welding up the brake will get me practice with the torch, etc. that I need
after all these years of MIG.  Yeah a Harbor Freight brake would probably
be cheaper too but what fun is that ?

  If I could only find that book, I fear I may have to buy another copy
just to have in my library even though I probably will not build any other
projects from it, I did build the shop press a few years ago and it works
nicely.

         Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/