RE: Carbon Buildup, was Re: question on C (neither L nor B)

To: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Carbon Buildup, was Re: question on C (neither L nor B)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:12:01 -0800
> Then again, maybe people just refer to any black crud in an engine as
> "carbon."

IMO that's part of it, but also if it's an area that gets hot, the stuff gets
'cooked' until eventually (mostly) carbon is all that's left.  It's possible
some 'fines' are getting sucked out of the carbon canister, but I've not seen
any evidence of that on my cars.  Normally the PCV system is not connected to
the carbon canister, and I've only found "carbon" buildup in the PCV passages on
my cars.

YMMV of course
Randall