RE: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ok, the bearing problem is solved ...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:13:18 -0800
> Suggestions and experiences for both brand names and vendors
> would appreciated.

All mine came from Enco (Chinese import, no brand name on the tools) because I
couldn't afford the "good stuff" at the time.  So far I've never had any reason
to regret the decision.  You'll need to zero them yourself, but I've checked the
mikes against a professional friend's Starrett's, and the result is always
within a "tenth" or two.

I did manage to tear up one of the 6" dial calipers ... at $15, replacing it
didn't exactly hurt ...

They're definitely not the quality of a Mitutoyo, B&S, or Starrett, and it
shows, but they're adequate for what I need.

Randall