Re: compressor - oil lube portable

To: shoptalk list <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: compressor - oil lube portable
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:56:23 -0500
Brian Kemp wrote:
> Husky Pro Model VT6315 (made by CH)
> Internet/Catalog # 167501
> Store SKU# 723883
>
>http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0671306439.1110061274@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceladdeddejmlfcgelceffdfgidglo.0&MID=9876
>

> Does anyone have any experiences with any of these compressors or a
> suggestion for a better one.  I'd like something I can pick up locally
> in the South Bay/Los Angeles area, internet is ok  Right now I'm leaning
> towards Home Depot.

   I think I have a very similar compressor to this one.

   I have a CH twin cylinder 26 gallon compressor, belt drive unit that
I got from HD here in Ottawa about 5 years ago.

   It's a horizontal one, but if Husky is made by CH I'd be willing to
bet the compressor head and motor are identical to that one. The specs
are the same and the image looks identical.

   Mine has a metal grille belt guard, but the current version of it has
a plastic guard that looks the same as the picture.

   Mine has been great... on paper there are a few tools that it doesn't
have enough air delivery for, but it's never actually let me down making
me unable to do something I wanted to do.

   It's fairly quiet as well... recommended.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca