re: Sandblasting equipment

To: "shop-talk list" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Sandblasting equipment
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:43:45 -0800
   I did this once, it was pretty easy to set up a large sheet of plastic
(I am talking 20'x20') up the side of the garage wall and the ground and
shoot the car, I was able to recycle most of the media and re-use it by
doing this.  And as someone already suggested it was not worth it.  My
media costs were nearly the same as having a professional do it and it took
me a week to do, an hour here, an hour there.

   Set up a backboard of some kind, I used the garage wall and shoot in
that direction (don't hit it) and you will be able to recover most of the
media and scoop it back into the blaster.