DIY Rhino Ramp extensions

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: DIY Rhino Ramp extensions
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:02:33 -0500
I thought I would ask since this thread seems to be pretty hot.  Has anyone
ever made extensions to the ramps that would allow the car to sit higher?

Basically just another ramp that the rhino ramp can sit on to get 8 or 12"
more height.  I was thinking of using some old pressure-treated (and
slightly crooked so useless) 4"x4" (or 6"x6") posts stacked in twos or
threes, and mitered at the same angle as the ramps.  bolt em together, put
some handles on em, they could either be their own ramps or a base for
extending the rhino ramp.  I want to try and make it easier to work on the
underside of a car in the front or back.  Jack stands are a pain in the
arse.

PJ