RE: car batteries. who do you trust?

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: car batteries. who do you trust?
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:15:15 -0500
Phil Ethier wrote:

> What is the reliable battery now that Sears is
> apparently having theirs made by corner-cutters?

I've had good luck with Delco batteries from the local discount auto
parts stores.  They've been cheaper than Sears, and have lasted me at
least 5 years each.  The main reason that I use the Delco is that they
have an oval shaped vent on each side of the battery - this vent has a
slight bulge on it, and a length of cheap, clear, round tubing slips
over the vent and stays put.  I then run the tubing down to the bottom
of the car, and tie wrap it to a handy bracket.  I've never had any of
the typical problems with battery corrosion, and as I said, the
batteries have lasted a long time.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA