Air Compressors - More General Info

To: <scott.hall@comcast.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Air Compressors - More General Info
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:29:26 -0500
> I was in home depot at lunch and noticed they're selling their
> mondo 80 gal. tank, 2 cyl./2-stage compressor on closeout
> for $700.  anyone have experience with these, and should I
> run down there right now and pick one up?

Scott, not that it helps, but the Husky compressor is produced by Campbell
Hausfeld.  CH produces a bunch of other compressors under other brand names
as well.

If anyone happens to be in the Philadelphia area, there happen to be half a
dozen or so used large (5HP / 220V) compressors for sale on Craig's List.
http://tinyurl.com/43hf2  Price range from $125-$295.  Some of them do not
look too bad.

Scott, for another $100 (might be no tax though?) you may want to consider
Puma's TE5060V compressor. Free Shipping on the compressor.
www.pumaairusa.com

I have this compressor, under the Eagle brand, and it works great.  It is
has a 5HP / 220V motor, a 60 gallon tank and a three cylinder two stage
pump.  I have been using it for about 8 months and am very happy with it.
Eagle sells the TE5060V for $879 on their website www.eagleequip.com .
Free shipping from Eagle also.

Cheers,

Kai