RE: Why *not* Armor All ?

To: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Why *not* Armor All ?
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:26:14 -0500
Karl Vacek wrote:

> What's wrong with Armor-All ??  I must've missed that one.

In my Experience, Armor-All "dries-out" the plastic/vinyl.  It seems to
be ok if used constantly, but if you skip an application, then the
plastic starts to crack - the plastic/vinyl is worse than if you'd never
used the stuff in the first place.

I tend to use McGuire's <sp?> Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner.  It cleans
and "oils" the plastic/vinyl, keeping it fresh without drying it out.
Stop using it on the plastic/vinyl, and there's no damage from prior
usage.

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA