Re: using a new buffer

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: using a new buffer
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:49:44 -0600
I bought a dozen 18" buffer wheels for cheap in a salvage store years ago .
. I had to build a serious buffer in order to use them and I found these
people to be helpful is usage and products:

http://www.bright-works.com/

You can probably "google" up many other sources of product and information.
I have gradually evolved into several different compounds, each on their
specific buffer wheel.
Some compounds are so agressive that sparks fly off you steel items!

 I had my eyes opened  to many other polishing and shining procedures lately
when I toured a belt buckle foundry . . buffer mounted "Scotch-Brite"
wheels, the blue ones, are amazing and I wouldn't be without them for
anything.  Without doubt, I'm using "the blue" more than all my other
buffing equipment combined.  There are also abrasive rubber wheels which
will do fantastic polishing while maintaining surface dimensions avoiding
the eroding effects one can sometimes get with cloth wheels.

Cheers,
Tony