Re: handheld blower blues

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: handheld blower blues
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:25:06 -0800
>fired right off... ran perfectly for about 2 minutes and quit.... quit like
>you cut off the switch...

  Do you have spark when it cuts out ? I suppose it could be a fuel problem
like a plugged vent (if the system is vented which I doubt) causing a fuel
starvation.  But on my Echo weed wacker last year, the electronics module
that behaves like a ignition coil had a short in it, the unit would run for
a while until that got hot and then shut down, no spark, no
nothing.    Wait until it cooled and it ran again, it could run quite a
while at idle and only a minute at speed.  The guy at the shop said it was
the ignition coil but it sure looked like a circuit board to me, anyway,
$19 parts, $29 labor and the thing has run ever since.

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/