Re: 1/2 ton; 3/4 ton; 1 ton

To: ejrussell@mebtel.net, tboicey@brit.ca, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1/2 ton; 3/4 ton; 1 ton
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:33:53 -0600
>I heard the reason the Chevy Nova didn't sell well in Mexico is because it

>translates into "won't go". Is that true?

No.  It's a crock perpetuated by people who use it as an expample of
corporate foolishness, but it did not happen.  The average Spanish-speaking
car-buyer is smart enough to recognize that "nova" is Latin for "new" and
is similar to the Spanish word for "new".  There is a brand of gasoline in
Mexico called "Nova", and they seem to be able to sell that.

Phil Ethier