Re: IR thermometer question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: IR thermometer question
From: Martin Evans <mcemail@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:34:58 +0000
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:06:05 +0000, nick brearley
<nick@landform.co.uk> wrote:

>Alternately the local RS depot has a Fluke IR thermometer
>on promotion and their stuff >seems to be about as good
>as you get.

The Fluke IR thermometer looks to be GBP 127+VAT(albeit with a free
laser level)  and while it may be good kit - I'm still using a 20 year
old Fluke DMM - you can get the same basic functionality from
maplin.co.uk for around GBP50 including vat - but they are regularly
on discount to around GBP 20-25. I've had one a couple of years now
and been quite pleased with it.