Re: Cordless tools......(a bit late to the game here but...)

To: <LRuggi2635@aol.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cordless tools......(a bit late to the game here but...)
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:08:19 -0800
I'd like to add:

today I went into my temporary shop (the ground floor of the 10x10+/- water
tank house where we're building our new house) to find a leaking tank two
floors up.  Water everywhere.  Including a plastic storage bin with my
Dewalt 14.4V impact driver, cordless drill, and charger.  After shaking the
water out of everything the drill and driver work just fine, one battery is
discharged (will know tomorrow if it is OK), and the charger is registering
a fault.  I'll see how they do after fully drying out.  Me?  I'm impressed
that they work at all.
I ran the tools and hit them with a blow=dryer to get the last of the water
out and they seem to be OK.  Phew.
And I have a second charger, so all is fine with the cordless world today.

Oh yeah, passed the foundation framing inspection as well.

Hoping your shop life is as positive as mine today.

Mark Miller

PS: GO VOTE TOMORROW, or you will lose the privilege to intelligently
complain for the next four years, whether the outcome is what you want or
not.  (was I cafeful enough to keep my partisanship out of this?)