Re: cutting torch or??

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: cutting torch or??
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 05:54:56 -0400
I'm another who cuts up cars fairly regularly.  I happen to  have used a
torch most of the time.  It's a lousy way to cut up cars.  They *always*
catch fire.  And once the undercoating is burning, yech.  Stinky smokey
fire that doesn't want to go out.

It's also generally hard to get into the nooks and crannies with the
torch.  So you regularly overheat the tip and get the torch backfiring
like mad.  Whatever you just cut sticks back together and resolidifies.

I don't think a torch has any advantage over a saw for cutting up cars.
 Well, noise I suppose, but that's what ear muffs are for.