More on hot tub plumbing repair...

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More on hot tub plumbing repair...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:57:27 -0400
   So from all the discussion last round, I decided just to epoxy in a
new tap and go back to using the tub. (getting cold here... I need my
tub...)

   However, looking at the old copper tap that was plumbed in, I can see
why it came off... about 1cm of the end of it has just disappeared!

   Instead of having about 7 threads like a new one, it has about 2. Ok,
so chlorinated water isn't too kind to copper, that tub is only 6 years
old or so, that's a fair chunk of metal missing.

   So now I need to get a tap that will survive in Chlorine. Does
anybody  have any experience working with pools or similar? I can be
pretty flexible, since now I see why the old one failed I don't have any
concerns just epoxying in a new one.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca