Getting hung

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Getting hung
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:32:36 -0500
Not 'xactly on topic but close:

I spent a few decades frustrated with socket storage.  I tried all sorts of
trays and sticks and boxes and hated every one.  One day at a surplus store,
I spotted a pile of big, bakery-sized muffin pans.  These were heavy tough
steel for continous duty and made for BIG muffins.
I bought one and trimmed it to push fit a large drawer in a Craftsman poll
around tool box.

Here's the trick that has been fantastic:   Every size socket has it's own
compartment, regardless of the drive size.   For instance, in the 1/2" inch
cup are 1/2" sockets of   1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drive.  At the small end,
several 1/4" drive sizes have their own cup and so do the larger 1/2" drive
ones.  The trick is that I go to the box looking for the nut or bolt size
socket and here a cup full of THAT size socket . . I can then pick out the
most suitable drive size from 1/4 to 1/2 and the handle required . . works
great for me.

Tony