genie vs. craftsman openers?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: genie vs. craftsman openers?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:26:26 -0400
I need a new garage door opener.

was going to get the genie screwdrive excelerator (dc motor, etc.), but
happened to be in sears and saw the craftsman screwdrive for $45 less.

the salesman says chaimberlain makes all craftsman g.d.o.s.  anybody know
for sure?

and does anyone have experience with either of these brands?  all I really
want is quiet and durable and one of our clients raves about his d.c.-motor
door opener (but with a belt drive).  the excelerator feature seems like a
nice idea, but we're really only looking at that one because it has the
outside opener and keypad we want and it'll cost that much to add them on
to the cheaper model.  the craftsman, though, dies have two light bulbs -
actually a consideration because the door covers the lights when open and I
like as much light as I can get.

I'd go with the cheaper craftsman, but I don't want to get a de-rated piece
of junk.

thanks in advance.

scott