RE: Fluorescent light problem

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fluorescent light problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 17:07:39 -0700
> Is there something else I'm missing?

Can't say it's likely, but it's something to look at ... are the bathroom
lights all on the same leg of the 220v supply, while the other bulbs are on
the other leg ?  Might be there's a heavy load somewhere, pulling the
neutral over to the other side and causing voltage surges on the side with
the bathroom lights.  And if the same line transformer feeds more than one
house, the heavy load wouldn't even have to be in your house.

I don't consider Philips/Sylvania (they're the same company) to be quality
bulbs.  They last noticeably less than GE bulbs, and about the same as the
cheaper Feit bulbs.  I used to work for Philips, and I still remember our
maintenance department bitching when they ordered them to start buying
Sylvania bulbs.

Randall