Re: Duct Cleaning

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Duct Cleaning
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:56:38 -0500
Huge differences in the service provided in my town. One guy had nothing
more than a vacuum with an airflow-powered flail which was useless.

The one I hired used a vacuum and an electric motor powered brush which was
changed to fit varying size duct.  It also had a TV camera which allowed
monitoring of it's action.  The big surprise was that there was nothing in
the duct work of a 30 year old installation.  There WAS a considerable
amount of buildup in the plenum and at some of the vents . . the vent
buildup seems to have been a result of condensation.    Next time, I'll just
hire a plenum cleanup and I'll do my vents.

Tony