Re: Equipment foundations

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Equipment foundations
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:37:02 -0500
The plastic shims you got are probably the same kind used to level
buildings.  I have a stack that came from a stadium - used to level
concrete columns and slabs.  40 foot concrete columns over 2 feet in
diameter.  The slabs were likewise huge.  If you have a press, put the
plastic in the press and see how it holds up.

But if you do grout, use non-shrinking "horn" grout.  It won't crumble...

At 03/27/2004 at 13:23, Shakespearean monkeys danced on SwampFox's keyboard
and said:

>Any input on materials to use when grouting the foundation for a two post
>lift?
>I'm stuck with an unlevel, broom finished concrete floor and have little
>faith in the plastic shims that came with the lift.
>I figure on stacking washers to get the posts level and then removing the
>post and grouting a level pad (Using a flat plate to be sure it's flat and
>level).
>I suppose I can just level the plate instead of hauling the posts all over
>the place.
>Really interested in inputs as to best materials for the job.
>
>Thanks,
>Stevie G

Cheers!