RE: meek MIG melting aluminum? MJB welder fund

To: mjb@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: meek MIG melting aluminum? MJB welder fund
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:45:40 -0800
>Lately I've been welding up miscellaneous brackets, mountings, exhaust
>hangers and such with my little MIG welder.  Its a Craftsman 85 amp model
>my wife gave me for my birthday or Christmas some number of years ago.
>
>Am I just being silly thinking such a low output box could weld on aluminum
>panels in the 0.050 - 0.100 inch range?
>
>mjb.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for all the great work over the years....

When is your birthday? This is what you need.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/econotig_ac_dc/

The time you spend learning to MIG aluminum would be better spent learning
TIG (IMHO).
If it's just a one time thing you could farm out the work, but if you want
to learn check out the local trade schools. They can get you started with
the right equipment and techniques.

I too bang on computers all day. There's something satisifying about going
into the shop and sticking pieces of metal together.

I have a cheap Harbor Freight welder in my shop, but I really feel the Fat
Chance Garage deserves something better.... I'll pledge $10 right now
towards getting you the unit listed above. If 149 other list members will do
the same you'll be set.

We really should do something special for you!!!!

What do you think guys? Can we do it? MJB welder fund?

John Matthews

list member since 1995

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar  FREE!