RE: parts cleaners

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: RE: parts cleaners
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:03:13 -0800
> This is true, but it is noted in the spec sheet for Simple Green.
> It will slowly attack aluminum alloys (using it as an
> ultrasonic detergent would accelerate its erosive properties).

Really ?  Must be only in the big data sheet, I've got a gallon jug in my
hands and the only precautions are "Do not use on plastic instrument panels"
and "Always spot test on a hidden area first".  Even says to use it full
strength on automotive wheels, which are sometimes aluminum.

No, of course I'm not doubting your word, just surprised is all.  I never
would have dreamed it would attack aluminum !

Randall