parts cleaners

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: parts cleaners
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:25:54 -0800
   I have a old parts cleaner that is falling apart and the solvent in it
is decades old (it was Safety-Kleen solvent), it no longer cleans worth a
damm and the tank is rusty, etc... So my father-in-law did me a favor and
signed me up for a Safety-Kleen service contract and will pay for it for as
long as he is around he says.

  I have to apply for a EPA number which is FREE so ok I can do that.  I
was browsing their web site and saw they have water-based cleaners as well,
anyone know anything about the water based stuff ?  is it worth the
extra-cost to have their water based cleaners ? are they any good ? safer ?
I would have to pay the difference in the tank costs which I dont know what
it will be yet.

    My plan was get a new solvent tank from Harbor Freight and fill it with
super-agitene but this safety-kleen thing would be free to
me.  Father-in-law says stick with Safety-Kleen and forget the other stuff,
they will come out and take away the old solvent once a year and keep the
machine working, that is what he does at his house.  If their water based
stuff cleans as well I think I would prefer it, i ASSUME it will  be easier
on my hands, lungs, etc.  I do wear gloves when cleaning parts.  There is
some minor extra costs in their water tanks since i have to keep them
heated but I dont mind that if it works.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/