auto-body spray gun - for appliances?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: auto-body spray gun - for appliances?
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:04:19 -0600
In days of old I've painted a couple of cars with a hobby-quality gun, and
got good results. But the paint was lacquer and dried immediately, before
any dust or bugs found their way onto the surface.  And if they did, I just
rubbed them out.  But lacquer can't be had from the auto-paint shops
anymore.

So now I've got a kitchen full of black appliances with the exception of a
white refrigerator, and SWMBO says Why don't we just paint the refrigerator
black?  (After all, we painted it white years ago...)   Is it possible to
spray black gloss enamel myself and have it look decent, or am I wasting my
time without a spray booth?  And *black* - yikes.

thanks,
 Lee