RE: carry around tool kit.

To: <dmschei@attglobal.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: carry around tool kit.
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:10:24 -0500
David Scheidt [mailto:dmschei@attglobal.net] wrote:

> That tends to mean their contractors aren't the best.

The ones that have towed my son's car have been pretty good -
no problems at all.  I guess it depends on the local area.

> Not only did the Cletus not put tow lights on the car...

<RantMode>
One of my many pet peeves of living in the DC area.  Around
here, they do not use tow lights - they just leave their
blinking yellow lights on all the time.  And I do mean all
the time.  When they are loading the car.  When they are
towing it down the road.  When they are on the way to the
next tow.  All the time.   Even the flat bed tow trucks.
The result is that drivers tend to tune out the flashing
yellow warning lights, since they are everywhere...

However, sometimes they are towing tall vans that block
the view of the blinking lights.  I've observed buses and
box trucks being towed such that they block the view of
the blinking lights.  I've seen flat bed tow trucks with
vans on the bed, and another truck on a lift behind it.
The result is that following cars cannot see the blinking
lights, and since there are no visible tail/stop lights.
I've seen many near misses, especially with all the
tailgating around here...
</RantMode>

Tim Mullen