Crap!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Crap!
From: Dave C <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:40:08 -0800
I have a big wooden cabinet full of drawers I built out in my shop.  One
drawer was full of my polishing supplies- buffing wheels, arbors, and 3 big
sticks of Brownell's polishing compound.  I went out yesterday and the rats
had been in the drawer.  Buffs all torn up for nesting material, polishing
compound gnawed (hope it's fatal), rat crap everywhere.  I put on a pair of
nitrile gloves and my respirator and took it out and dumped everything in
the burn barrel (which was already going, fortunately; I had lots of
cardboard and plywood scraps to burn up).  Then I hosed the drawer and
surrounding cabinet area with Lysol.  Guess I need to go to Horrible
Freight next week and stock up on buffs again (and a couple of rat traps)
and see about ordering some more compound.  This time I'll keep it in a
sealed plastic or metal container.

Other then Brownell's and Eastwood, anyone have any favorite sources for
buffing compound?

Dave C