Re: RE: Tools

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Tools
From: orphancars@direcway.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:20:36 -0600
 Just going through the responses now -- they're all great!!!

 Adding in my $0.02 -- I thought that I needed a ton of fancy
 equipment to do an engine swap (350 Chevy V8 into a pontiac
 Fiero).  Working with a good friend taught me that the best tools
 to have in the shop are:

 * band saw
 * angle grinders (nice to have one really good one, but having a
 few cheapie ones with different discs ready to go is great!)
 * ......and a good MIG Welder!!!

 Used all the above to do all the mods needed to squeeze that motor
 into that car!

 The only thing I would like to have (and certainly my good friend
 wouldlike me to have so I'd leave his alone :-) would be a lathe.
 It's next on my list!!

 -jeff d