Under-cabinet lights revisited.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Under-cabinet lights revisited.
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:49:35 -0600
Under-cabinet lights revisited.

I went back to trying to figure out the haunted under-cabinet halogen pucks
in my wife's kitchen.  I came to the conclusion that the problem is the fact
that the connectors which come from the factory are worthless.  No amount of
fiddling, cleaning or adjustment makes them reliable.  I removed every one of
them, including the junction blocks, and replaced them with wire nuts.  They
work just fine now.

The obvious conclusion is that if you want to go cheap on halogen pucks, buy
these lights and transformers, but don't buy their wiring kits.  Cut off the
connectors and use regular lamp cord connected with wire nuts.

1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L

pethier@isd.net http://www.mnautox.com/ http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions." -Gene Bennett