Powder booth

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Powder booth
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:00:07 -0800
   I am kind of tired of cleaning up after powder coating parts and I am
thinking of getting one of the Eastwood powder coating booths...It seems
awfully expensive for what it looks like in the pictures.

  It looks like it would be rather easy to build something that would do
the same thing but I have no idea what it needs to have and/or do.  I
assume just some kind of big fan on top to suck the powder through the
filters and not let it all over the garage.  My concerns are screwing up
and wasting money because I dont know how to design something like this,
getting too strong a fan and sucking all the powder before it gets on the
parts, not a big enough fan and still all over the garage and I am sure a
few others.

   I also know that Eastwood does not build anything of its own and once
you find the manufacturer you can find it elsewhere for less (Plus Eastwood
is ridiculous on their shipping charges).  I buy enough from Eastwood that
I have no problem saving money if I can on this thing.

   Is this something I am better off buying already designed and built or
anyone know of plans ?  I built a booth from plastic sheeting to help
contain it and its a major pain to set up, something like this would be great.

   I have one car about 1/2 finished and another one waiting so I have a
lot of powder to shoot over the next few years.

  Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/