Re: Milwaukee battery dead?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Milwaukee battery dead?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:17:46 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Mark Andy wrote:
> So I have a relatively new (< a year) Milwaukee battery that the charger
> won't light off on.
>
> I was using it with the Milwaukee flashlight, which I suspect drained it
> to completely empty of charge (on known good light and known good drill,
> nothing happens when you pull the trigger).  When I slide it onto the
> charger, the charging light doesn't light up.  The charger works fine with
> other batteries, and the other charger that I tried does the same thing.
>
> Is the battery too dead to start charging?  What can I do?

Well, as an update to this...

I brought the battery back in the house (my garage is only heated to ~40
deg when I'm not in there working), along with a charger and let them both
warm up.  Slapped the battery into the charger and everything looks to be
working.  Haven't tried the battery on a tool yet though.

Mark