Re: sheet metal nibbler

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sheet metal nibbler
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:41:20 -0800 (PST)
Agh - I'm talking rubbish. I didn't mean electric shears -
I got mixed up between the two types of nibbler - the punch
type that rapidly punches out little circles - and the
tongue type that cuts out a continues 1/8" ribbon. Both
available in electric and both work.

But I still prefer the bandsaw for the work you describe!

Derek

--- Derek wrote:

> Yes they work, yes they make electric ones.
> They also make electric shears. ----- see above ------
> But personally I prefer the band saw in vertical position
> - seems easier, quicker, more accurate and almost
inlimited thickness - unless your holding hand gets too
hot.