Re: VW Beetle Based Air Compressor

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VW Beetle Based Air Compressor
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:52:22 -0600
> A few years ago, I believe on this list, someone mentioned they were
> flipping through a VW hotrod magazine and saw an advertisement for a firm
> that sold a kit to convert old air-cooled VW motors into air compressors?

This is a gasoline-powered air compressor, as I recall.  Uses two cylinders
for power and two for pump.  A shop is generally better-served by an
electric compressor, but there are field uses for the gasoline variety.

If you already knew this:  Never mind.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett