RE: Single stage Snowblowers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Single stage Snowblowers
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:14:25 -0400
Steven Trovato [mailto:strovato@optonline.net] wrote:

> Sometimes we get heavy wet snow.  It can be a real pain.
> I wouldn't think DC is immune to that.

The snow that we tend to get around the DC area tends to be
wet.  Not because the snow itself is, but the usual pattern
is that we get snow that turns into freezing rain.  This tends
to "wet down" the snow.  Worst combination.  Also tends to
put a layer of ice on the cleared roads...  =8-O

Sometimes we get freezing rain, followed by snow, followed
by freezing rain.  The result is an inch (or more) of ice,
some snow, and then the rain to get the snow all wet and
heavy.  8-(

Makes me long for Wyoming, where I could usually just use a
push broom to sweep the dry power snow off the driveway...  8-)

Tim Mullen