Re: Lifts - concrete psi

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lifts - concrete psi
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:33:26 -0700
Sooo, after typing up that last long post, I had a brilliant idea. Why not
call the manufacturer and see what they have to say?!?!? Silly idea I know.
Anyway, I just called Bendpak and talked with their lift installation guy.
Told him my slab was 4-5 in. thick but I was unsure of the psi rating. He
asked when it was poured, and once he heard 1996 he said it would be no
problem. As George and others have pointed out the concrete gets stronger
over a period of time, and the install guy said their psi requirements are
mostly intended for someone who has a freshly poured slab, and is trying to
install a lift on it before letting it cure fully. He said a 4" or more slab
that had been in place over a period of years should be just fine for that
lift.

I'll try and not be so anal about my next project.......

Thanks
Wayne